What is SSL?
SSL stands for secure sockets layer. It is a protocol for web browsers and servers that allows for the authentication, encryption and decryption of data sent over the Internet. Latest browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox etc clearly indicates in address bar either the website is secure or not. If you have installed SSL certificate on your website as “https://” then you will not see the error of “Not Secure” as follows.
An SSL certificate does not only secure your website but it is also very essential to secure your mail server too. It encrypts your email traffic so that it cannot be read at any point between your computer and the mail server that you are using, basically it is a secure way of providing authentication and encryption during communication online.
When you use a standard POP or IMAP connection to download your email, your username and password is sent in plain text across the Internet. This means that anyone using the same wireless connection or the same network as you, or watching traffic at your ISP – or anyone in a position to see your Internet traffic can potentially “intercept” your network traffic and clearly read your username and password. With this information, they can easily read all your email and worse, steal confidential information, send out spam or other malicious acts. You can also read more about “SSL certificate for your mail server” by visiting following link.
Benefits of SSL Certificate
We have listed some of the benefits of SSL certificate for your quick understanding.
1. Secure all traffic to and from your websites: so that when malicious parties attempt to intercept and analyze the transmitted information, they get scrambled data instead. This traffic includes:
a) Personal details such as your visitors’ and customers’ names, email addresses and messages submitted via your website contact forms and customer support systems.
b) Important login details for web apps installed on your hosting account, such as WordPress, Joomla, phpBB and more.
c) Sensitive information such as customers’ credit card details if you have an eCommerce storefront
2. Increase your visitors’ trust by causing a padlock to appear in visitors’ web browsers, indicating that all transmissions to and from the website are indeed securely encrypted.
3. Boost your website performance because SSL-secured websites automatically take advantage of next-generation HTTP/2 Hosting technology offered by our Lite-speed Hosting setup.
4. Improve your search engine rankings due to Google and other major search engines giving a ranking boost to websites that have SSL certificates installed.
5. Avoid upcoming browser warnings from showing up for your websites. In the near future, web browsers will begin alerting visitors with broken lock icons when loading websites that don’t have valid SSL certificates installed.
1) SSL Certificate ($100/year) = $100
2) SSL Installation (one time only) = $50
Total = US $150 only.
Don’t panic, the good news is that Computer Xperts can provide SSL certificate for your website and has been already doing this upon request since ages. If you are willing to enable HTTPS on your website then you can call us directly 052-3250018-19 & 27 and ask to speak with Support department through whats-app +92-313-4710222 or email us at helpdesk @ xperts.net.pk.